View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

PostSubject: Talia Vortega   Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:44 am

Tali Vortega
This is my adventure, and I'm going to enjoy it.

"So, uh... where are you from?"
By way of reply, the dark-skinned girl waggled her eyebrows, returning her gaze to the glass in front of her. "Across the sea. Far, far away." She paused to poke it with a slim, brown finger. "What did you say this potion was, again?"
The bartender coughed slightly, feeling awkward for a moment. "It's called, well, Ale. You haven't tried it before?"
"Of course not, keeper of the bar. Wow. It looks so interesting, doesn't it? What does it do?" She let her finger dip into the ale, twirling it slightly.
"It... makes life fun, m'lady." He paused, leaning forward. "Are you sure you want this?"
She laughed, lifting up the heavy glass awkwardly. "Of course I am. It's why I'm here, isn't it?" With that, she began to lightly drink the rough ale, spluttering slightly as it burned her throat. "A strong mixture, keeper. Is it always so?"
"Not always. You're from over the sea, then. How far? Past Sida?"
The girl leaned forward over the glass, whispering conspiratorially. "Past the World's edge, keeper. Beyond the lip of this Earth." She let out a hoarse, braying laugh, motioning for another.
The barkeeper sighed, obliging. As long as she could pay - which she did - let her act as mysterious as she likes.

------

------

Tali appears to be about twenty, human, though with incredibly dark skin, and an accent that cannot be placed. Her clothing is exotic, simple dyed robes cut to expose a great expanse of dark skin, her two golden earrings the only sign of any wealth. She keeps her hair long and loose, uncut, but with a bit of care and lye, she has learnt to keep her hair in a fairly well-maintained condition. It's long, smooth, and sways from side to side as she walks, covering more of her back than her clothing does.

Generally, she refuses to elaborate on her birthplace, simply saying, "Far away." She simply arrived in a Talibar port on a trading vessel, talked her way into getting a job on a trading caravan, and has been content to sit back and observe the wonderful world around her, the first time she's seen this land. Language was never a problem - she learnt English in another port, though her grammar is oddly formal, stilted, and interesting to listen to.

In terms of her personality, she's a polite, charming lady, filled with a love of life, and adventure. Unlike so many travellers, she keeps a high sense of morality about her actions - a personal sense of what is right. She does what she feels is the right is, and trusts anyone she comes across to do the same. Usually, people find her so uplifting that they will, in fact, do the right thing by her. And if they don't... well, that's life, isn't it? She just continues on her way, carefree. Not that ad things happen to her. She's always been lucky like that, even if she can't do much other than laugh, chat, and have fun.

Ironically, she carries very little for such a well-traveled person. There's no weapons on her, at all, which is the main reason she elects to travel with other people, talking her way into staying with them. Her robes offer very little protection, aside from a slight karmic enchantment that she has not the faintest inkling of. Besides, she can't use magic, she can't fight... she can run away, though. Usually, that gets the job done.

The only really valuable items she has are a pair of golden earrings, and a pouch of the same gold, plus various other trinkets she's acquired on her travels. Nobody knows where she gets it from - usually she'll find a little bit of work here and there. Enough to get her on her way, barely. But hey, why worry? This is the good life, and she's traveled a long way to get here and have some adventure.

So, let's have some fun!

9 May 2010

After a gambling session with Kain, and winning a bet, Talia has managed to gain some very rudimentary skills in magic. Having opened her mind to the weave, Kain gave her a basic run-through in Holy Magic, something she's proven unusually adept at - even though she has a deep-rooted love of fun, she's an unusually good and decent person. She still has trouble with manipulating the Light when it's called, but with practice, she's getting better.

In addition, she's started making friends around town, staying in Surna for a while, particularly enjoying the Inn's ale and trying it out. When she's not wandering around, chatting and making friends, she'll be in there, trying what she refers to as an Ale Potion, attempting to keep the bar in a sense of stability.

Last edited by Scalene on Mon May 24, 2010 8:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:48 am

Yeah, I'm aware I didn't just go for a straight char-sheet thing. All the vital info is there, honestly. Just woven in.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Hm..Interesting. Although you made it clear that it's not much, what do you mean by a Karmic Enchantment?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, you're from LiF, right? I've seen a "Scalene" there.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:00 pm

As Pat said, interesting. Is her name Tali or Talia? Or is Tali just a nickname?

Oh, and welcome to Olden.

PS: Pat, I believe a Karmic Enchantment would mean whoever owns the robes is subject to Karma. Good acts yield good fortune, evil acts, bad fortune.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Pat wrote:
Hm..Interesting. Although you made it clear that it's not much, what do you mean by a Karmic Enchantment?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, you're from LiF, right? I've seen a "Scalene" there.

It boosts how 'lucky' certain actions are, including the ones which affect her. For example, someone trying to pickpocket her would have something bad happen to them, from a crack in the pavement causing them to trip up slightly in the process, to a woman throwing a bucket of household waste on them ten minutes later. On the other hand, someone trying to tackle her out the way of a runaway horse might land in a haystack, or find a small bag of coins.

And yes, I'm from LiF. And TnB. And SST. And ICannt. And FTRP.

Munroe wrote:
As Pat said, interesting. Is her name Tali or Talia? Or is Tali just a nickname?

Oh, and welcome to Olden.

PS: Pat, I believe a Karmic Enchantment would mean whoever owns the robes is subject to Karma. Good acts yield good fortune, evil acts, bad fortune.

Her name's Tali, not Talia. I think I knew a chick named Talia once. Hrm.

Good to be in Olden, anyway, and I kinda explained what I meant above. Good acts result in good fortune - either affecting the action, or the person - and bad acts result in bad fortune. Of course, the enchantment's not too powerful. Any fortune is only about a third of the action that created it.

---

I made the character to simply be, in a word, incredibly 'lucky', and nothing else. She's kind of like a tourist, someone who's come to the place to see the sights, have fun.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:18 pm

Gardy loo!

But yeah, welcome to Olden.
Back to top Go down
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Might want to edit the name at the top of this page, then.

PS:
Spoiler:

Someone had to do it.

PSS: Press, your avatar wrecks the whole page format. Can you make it a bit less wide?
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:07 pm

LawnJesus wrote:
Gardy loo!

But yeah, welcome to Olden.

Can't wait for someone to try to pickpocket me... and I look forward to being a part of your server!

Munroe wrote:
Might want to edit the name at the top of this page, then.

M'bad, forgot to change that when I opted for Tali over Talia.

EDIT: Am I, um, approved?
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Wow, the new person can make a responsibly good colored person, unlike some names, which I will not mention.
I really like this character, and welcome to olden.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:19 am

Nothing wrong here. I'd accept.

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:17 pm

tali'zorah
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:02 pm

that picture is that one girl in road to eldorado
Back to top Go down
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:01 pm

I thought I recognized her.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:02 am

PuPeT-KaI wrote:
that picture is that one girl in road to eldorado

Yeah, it's one of my favorite films of all time. Love it to death.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:04 am

WAIT A SECOND.

NOW I KNOW WHO THAT CHICK IN THE SWIMSUIT IS MUNROE.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Sun May 09, 2010 5:54 am

Update:

After winning a game of dice with Kain, Talia's learnt a bit about magic, particularly Holy Spells. Also updated with what she's been doing, which isn't much.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Mon May 31, 2010 3:55 am

Update:

Talia's healed people with plague, has studied with Vitamancers, and on top of that, she's been practicing non-stop since the plague ended. While her knowledge of other forms of holy magic is still weak, her ability to heal a wound has taken a significant jump.

I'd rank her at about a 5/10 for healing magic, considering the sheer amount of healing RP I've been doing since she first learnt it.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   Mon May 31, 2010 5:37 am

It's true. The unending healing RP and the consistently high healing rolls she gets point her in the direction of "I know how to heal now." If not a 5 then definitely a 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talia Vortega   

Back to top Go down

Talia Vortega
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1