Name
Alex Walter

Race
Human

Birthplace
A small town about 20 miles north of Surna

Skills
Skill-Rating l Name l Description

7/10 l Close Combat Weapons l Alex has relied on weapons most of his life, and has always kept one on his person since before he can remember. While he is mainly skilled with Daggers, Alex has used a variety of weapons throughout his life.

6/10 l Throwing Weapons l Having been a favored game of the young hooligans in his town, Alex Practiced with all kinds of knives, whatever he could get his hands on.

7/10 l Stealth l Hiding in the shadows, stalking and pickpocketing people are all skills that have been vital to Alex's survival. His preference of dark clothing, and tendency to "work" during the night make him even harder to detect and, having used this skill all of his life he is well-practiced in it's use.

5/10 l Woodcarving l A skill Alex has used to make money in tough times, while he has no particular skill at it, he can carve basic sculptures, and even crude weapons.

5/10 l Lock Picking l A skill any worthy thief needs to posses, which Alex Learned and practiced from early on.

4/10 Alchemy l Recently taught to him, Alex has had expert tutalige, but needs more practice to become very good.

Physical Description

Height
5'10''

Weight
About 135 pounds

Build
Medium Build, a bit lanky

Hair Color
Black

Eye Color
Brown

Skin Color
Pale

Equipment/Inventory

Black Cloak x1
Tunic x2
Pants x2
Shoes x2
Belt x2
Wood-Carving Knife x1
Hardened Leather Armor x1
Black Jack (Self Made) x2
1x Dirk
Small Bags x4
Apple x3
Canteen x1
Loaf of Bread x2
Orange x2
Mortar and Pestle x1
2x Vial of Healing Elixer
Backpack x2
Red Pyromancer's robe x1
Unidentified Herbs x1
Coins x71
Set of Lock picks x1
20x bottles of various liquor
1x Sharpening Stone

Biography

Alex Walter was born to a poor and unfortunate family. His mother dead in childbirth, and his father killed when he was 7.

Even before the death of his father, Alex had a difficult life, having to try to work and get money at a young age for what was left of his poor family, even attempting to carve things out of wood and sell them on the street, even though. With money hard to find, and violence all over his hometown, he carried a weapon from an early age, and taught himself in their use. Especially after his father died, and at an early age, Alex had to resort to theft to keep himself clothed and fed, at this point in his life, he started practicing the vital skills he uses to keep himself alive. His favorite small, lethal, versatile and easy to conceal weapon, the knife or dagger was his weapon of choice. He even learned how to throw knives through contests of skill with other poor children that he knew.

The one thing that Alex always envied was those who practiced magic, or even alchemy and scroll-making. From an early age, he wished he had the money or proper upbringing to learn magic, but he soon realized that the only way he could ever learn any is if he either stole the knowledge, or if he managed to force someone to teach him.

As he grew up, Alex spent most of his time outside during the night, mugging anyone and stealing anything that he could. At points, it was very easy for him to cross the line into murder, he would do anything for money or food. He also wore dark clothes, especially a dark cloak which he wore whenever possible, to make him harder to spot. Still, at the age of 20 he outgrew his hometown and moved along, traveling from town to town, honing his skills, and stealing more whenever possible.

Eventually, he arrived at Surna, seeing a town with a weak guard, and plenty of people with knowledge of magic for the taking.

Alignment
Evil

Favored Weapon
Dagger

Favored Targets
Magic-Users, Alchemists, Scroll-Makers

Deity
Does not worship any deity (Might take up worshiping one later, either Cyric or Mask).

Current Task
Stealing knowledge of magic, or paying to have it told/taught to him- Pending
Honing his already existing skills- Pending

Last edited by B3SERK on Sat May 08, 2010 10:59 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Alex Walter   Tue May 04, 2010 4:14 pm

bump melee and stealth down by 1 each and I'd say this character is balanced enough. Also, it couldn't hurt to add some bold parts, italics and color coding. Just makes it easier to read.

About the stolen equipment, it seems fine, considering you took it from another player (right?). I'd say it's fine to have it once the profile is approved. The other starting items also seem fine.

In addition, always love a good thief, but I suggest having him just run away from home because he didn't like it or something? Otherwise, everyone's parents really are dead, or so the trend shows. :V

Also, may want to think over 'No Diety.' You can get some benefits if you actually -choose- one, you know. From the looks of this character, I'd imagine he'd prefer having a diety on his side.

Anyway, if I see some improvements on the next go, I'll approve. This char is -almost- ready.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Alex Walter   Tue May 04, 2010 4:32 pm

There is a trend of people's parents dying? I only read two other apps here, and this was my first app that involves dead parents, I have bumped the skills down (I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure enough). By "outgrowing" his home town, I meant to imply that he was bored with it. And yes, the stolen equipment was taken from other players. I still don't want to have a deity, that involves too much commitment. I have updated the skills, and I have used bold and italics this time. I also added a new goal.

Last edited by B3SERK on Tue May 04, 2010 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night

PostSubject: Re: Alex Walter   Tue May 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Wrong section. Moved. Anyways, don't post the bio twice in the same thread, you can easily edit the original post. Speaking of stolen items; http://aeria.omgforum.net/approval-f9/read-this-or-be-banned-t1510.htm

Aside from that, the character is fine, really. The skills, to be honest, won't mean much when you face an older character one on one. I have some magic-sensitive characters in mind that this character could target, yet most likely be one-hit killed by them, but an outlaw character knows the risks, I assume.

Let's hear some opinions from the community.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Alex Walter   Tue May 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Both posts edited, application only in original post
Back to top Go down
Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Alex Walter   Tue May 04, 2010 5:59 pm

All good. Idc about the bio all that much, I'm just saying, half our characters have dead parents, or foster parents of some kind. Some have dead foster parents, too, lol.

Anyway, Approved.
Back to top Go down
Krug

PostSubject: Re: Alex Walter   Wed May 05, 2010 1:05 am

I'd toss this an accept.

Ain't no real big problems here.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Alex Walter   Wed May 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Added lock picking skill, which I meant to add earlier but forgot to, if anyone objects, just say so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex Walter   

Back to top Go down

Alex Walter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1