Sythrivum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Sythrivum   Sat May 22, 2010 5:56 pm

One of my favorite characters. This is a version of him that hasn't seen anywhere near enough use. He made a cameo in olden a year ago, but I never went anywhere with it.

"You could say I'm a little unorthodox. I like to smile and shake someone's hand before I can decide on killing them."

Name: Sythrivum
Race: Half-Drow (Half-Human)
Birthplace: Edge of the Underdark
Affiliation: Himself
Skills:

Since Drow are famous for multi-classing, I thought I'd take a multi-classing approach to this.

Duelist
A puissant skill with a weapon, a keen intellect and a wicked wit all comprise the essentials of the duelist. A frequenter of the bar and apt to pick a fight at the most chance opportunity, the Duelist relies primarily on short and long blades and nothing else, but the feats they are capable of with the weapons are almost supernatural. Veteran Duelists are famous for dual-weilding weapons, and the greatest masters can dance with up to ten opponents at a time without pushing their limits. The unfortunate trade-off is that a Duelist can never wear heavy or restricting armor, and must allow himself as much freedom of movement as possible. Grandmasters are the only exceptions.

Syth is an ambitious Duelist that's begun his path to dual-weilding mastery. He can perform a wide range of moves in instantaneous succession without having to think about them if faced with a single opponent, but this becomes more difficult as the odds increase. Syth can also perform some acrobatic feats, but you won't see him running up any walls for a long time.

| | | | | \ \ \ \ \

Shadowmancer
The Shadowmancer is a frightening combination of three dark classes, the Shadow Priest, the Shadow Mage, and the Illusionist, with small variations between each group that practices it. One distinction to be made is that a Shadowmancer does not simply attempt to use the shadows, but to control them and become their master, eventually becoming a Shadow Lord at their peak. Shadowmancers are often egotistical in nature, due to this. A Shadowmancer learns to manipulate the shadows and their dark powers in his favor, weilding a very broad range of Shadow-based abilities that affect the senses, the body, and even the mind. While a Shadowmancer may choose to focus on a single one of these specializations, one that keeps a balance between the three can also include melee combat, which is complemented and heavily augmented by Shadowmancy. Shadowmancy, however, is an art that depends heavily upon experience, instinct, use and conflict, and without sufficient amounts of practice, little progress will be made.

Syth is two steps up from a novice, but thus far, his Shadowmancy is just a small supplement to his other abilities and not something to be feared entirely on its own.

| | | \ \ \ \ \ \ \

Tactician
The ability to make stategic decisions quickly and intelligently; A veteran tactician will find himself comfortable in just about any field of battle. The scale of his strategy may span armies, or it may span armchairs, but either way, it serves as an asset to getting what he wants.

Syth has spent a large portion of his life playing strategy games such as chess, and planning out all his battles before he engaged in them. Over time, he found it came more naturally to him than he thought. While he rarely needs to use this ability for himself, he's found it's use crucial in the effective manipulation of others.

| | | | | | | | \ \

Personality:
On the outside, Syth is carefree and a little mean, but in a joking way. He pays back those who are good to him and generally looks out for his friends. He likes to flirt a little, but not too much. His dreamleaf addiction keeps him laid back most of the time, but when he puts it off, he gets a bit anxious. He can be a little cold at times, but he always has a reason to justify it, and though he prefers to keep his opinions to himself, he is surprisingly opinionated. Though he prefers the night to the day, Syth can be seen wandering Surna in the morning, not as against it as most Drow are. Deep down inside, though, Syth is cruel, judgmental, and selfish. He's also extremely conflicted, often driven to decide between his drow and human ancestry, and constantly questions himself as a failure of either race, and an otherwise lesser being. He shuts his depression and paranoia away with his Dreamleaf and admits to nothing that would even hint at weakness, and he looks down on anyone that would look down on him, if only to reaffirms his own belief that he isn't 'lesser' than anyone. Most importantly, Syth places pride above everything.

Description:
Widespread shoulder-length white hair, dark grey skin, and silver-grey eyes, Sythrivum's appearance is only slightly different from a regular Drow, as his human features were mostly dominated by his drow traits. Like most male Drow, he has a devilishly handsome appearance, but it's a little softer in fierceness, again, due to his human heritage. Another drow would be able to pick up on the difference, but most others wouldn't ever notice.

He usually dresses casually with very light leather armor and clothing, and has a stick of dreamleaf in his mouth from time to time. When things get really serious, though, he may go out and get a full body suit of armor, and will end up looking like this:

Spoiler:

Biography:
Humans are an ambitious sort. Show them the deepest crack on the surface of the world and you can surely bet there will be a bunch of fools ready and willing to dive right down and see just what was waiting for them, be it riches, death, or nothing at all. In the case of the Underdark, few dared to venture, but now and again, those few did indeed venture into its depths. Tyler Sorrinth, adventurer, explorer and occasional treasure hunter, ran into a different kind of treasure on his way down. It was a Drow woman, a curious one, clearly unwed by the state of her dress. He couldn't understand her, she couldn't understand him, but it was a rare encounter to be had for a human of his kind, so Sorrinth naturally attempted to get closer, and ended up getting too close. Reyna, the drow, fought back violently, for she had no intention of such an act with a worthless human, and in the end, it became an hour-long wrestling match between the two. By skill or by luck, Tyler managed to tame the Drow. Of course, this put him in a new light for the female, and she attacked a whole other part of him. Responsibility wasn't a part of Tyler's agenda, though. Roaming spirits rarely changed, and six years after the child's birth, Tyler had finished his exploration of the Underdark, along with any interest in it. He stayed a few more months, solely for Reyna and the child, but afterward, he was gone.

Fourty years afterward, Sythrivum had grown up. He was blessed with a sturdier and able physique, thanks to his human father, though his magical prowess wasn't quite as high as the average Drow. Still, the condition of his body permitted him to engage in more intensive magic, this being knowledge that Sythrivum kept close to heart whenever the other pure-bloods would come to harass him and joke about his mother being worthy of Driderhood with her decision-making ability. This often being the case, Syth soon came to hate his kind, despite growing to be much like them, as far as his spite and sinister cunning went. He would rarely pick fights against groups. Often, he would await one to approach him alone, or perhaps challenge him to single combat. That was where Syth shined. With the combination of dark-elven agility and human strength and constitution, Sythrivum bested, and often killed, his opponents, to make examples of them. Slowly, the challengers stopped coming one by one, and grew to two-by two. Sythrivum still held them at bay, but killing them became harder, and the more that survived, the more that came to hate him, and spread this hate among others.

Another eight years of growing hatred for Sythrivum eventually resulted in his exile and violent removal. Not wanting to be without her son, Reyna followed Syth. In this world, Syth cared only for his mother, and cursed the name of his father. He vowed to return to the Underdark one day, if only to enslave the Drow for what they did to his mother and him. Reyna could only watch on as her ambitious son put his ambition to something she had been dreading her entire life. All she could do was help him grow, like any loving mother would. She would never openly state it, but she hoped to crush her kind, as well, for the state of her broken family.

Six years more bring us to the present. Reyna lives alone in a large burrow a short distance down the road from Surna, and primarily makes a living growing Dreamleaf and having it sold by her son in or around the city and neighboring villages. Sythrivum has been honing his skills and stealing magical items and tomes from passing traders and magicians, whenever possible. He'd long since known what it was he wanted to become- A shadow, a great, towering shadow that would be respected by all, so dark that none would dare venture near it. His dream was far and off, but he wasn't going to give up so easily. He was better, after all. He had to be better.

Alignment: Neutral Evil (Shifting toward True Neutral)
Diety: Currently Shar, Shifting toward Selune.
Tasks:

1. Work his way into the nobility of Surna and gain power. - In Progress
2. Eliminate all threats to his rise to power. - In Progress
3. Gain the trust and alliance of the darker inhabitants of Surna. - In Progress

Inventory:
1x Red cloth vest
1x Studded Black Leather Vest
1x Black leather belt
1x Black Leather-layered Pants
2x 1.5 ft Curved Knives
1x Black leather boots
1x Black leather bracers
1x Black leather gloves
60x Gold coins
1x Box of Dreamleaf

The design of his knives:

Last edited by Kain on Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night

PostSubject: Re: Sythrivum   Sat May 22, 2010 8:02 pm

I like this character very much, and I hope this new way of explaining skills (by describing them through a character class like Olden was a DnD scenerio,) catches on.

I give this an accept.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sythrivum   Sun May 23, 2010 2:36 am

Updated Personality and Description. Bio will come next, when I got time.

Note on the Dreamleaf: It's a kind of plant I made up, a hallucinogen primarily grown and used in the Underdark. It's similar to marijuana, acting as a hallucinogen and mental stimulant with no real adverse affects, except dreamleaf can get addictive, and any feelings that are alleviated by the Dreamleaf, if they aren't properly treated or addressed in time, will come back twice as hard once it wears off. Thus, addicts and regular users have a hard time living without dreamleaf if they suddenly give it up. Wanted to add this to make my character a bit more dynamic.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sythrivum   Sun May 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Update yet again, added a song and a quote and moved the pic to the top. Decided to move out of my comfort zone with the song choice.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sythrivum   Tue May 25, 2010 5:37 am

Final update, Biography finished. This character is now complete and ready to be judged.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sythrivum   Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Bumpity bump bump bump bump bump bump bu- *explodes*
Back to top Go down
Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Sythrivum   Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Pretty cool, nothing really too powerful - is it just me or is it hard to read the purple headings.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sythrivum   Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:45 am

Phry wrote:
hard to read the purple headings.

I think it might be. Not that hard on my monitor.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sythrivum   Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:54 am

Looks good. Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sythrivum   Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Hrrrngh.

I require acceptance.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sythrivum   Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Update:

Added a pic for his weapons. Credit to Psyche for finding it, credit to me for editing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sythrivum   

Back to top Go down

Sythrivum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Aeria Section :: The Previous Age-
Jump to: