Olden Roleplay


Welcome!
 
HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Bir'vi Family Tomb

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
avatar

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:52 pm

***Before you is a decrepit tomb, carved into a stone hill in the South-Western regions of Sida. Rumors have gotten out that the tomb's main magical defenses have worn away and have become a perfect beginning for green adventurers. When you arrive, you expect to see other adventurers, also wanting to plunder the tomb's riches.***

The only thing that stands between you and entering the tomb is a big double-door, held shut tight by a comically large deadbolt lock keeping the doors' bars together.

// Let's see how you solve this problem. From here on out, expect enchantments and traps. God damn it, the forum only has a 6-sided dice roll. Use this
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
avatar

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:10 pm

*** Marcus steps off his horse, looking at the map in his hands, then up to the door again. With a slight shrug he crumbles up the map and tosses it aside. He then ties the horse to a nearby rock, and grabs his pack from it, slinging it over his shoulders.

He grabs his shield from his side, and straps it to his left wrist as he approaches the door, looking it up and down a bit in thought.

// waiting for others to arrive


Last edited by Mackalian on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

avatar

Posts : 833
Join date : 2010-01-18
Age : 23
Location : New Jersey, USA

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Age: ---
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:16 pm

** With the rustle of some worn bushes, comes a figure approaching through the near by forest-- It's stature short, and young, a male no doubt. Adorned with lightly tarnished leather mail, a blade, a finely crafted bow, and a quiver to match - he makes a strut for the entrance, in his hand a crumbled map of his own sort, before it's ended with a throw and stomp of his boot. He then shoots Marcus a non-challant glance, such a notion of the head sending his hair moving about in a unkempt swish,-

"You're here too?-"

** His voice seems to creak, young, and uneducated - it's safe to say he's not the most sound fellow, considering the grin accompanying him. From his messy, ruffled hair sprout two feline-like ears, a bite-mark embedded in one, scars flowing across the other, in a crude pattern of sorts.


Last edited by Zaku350 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
avatar

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:21 pm

*** Marcus whips around, his chain mail links clinging lightly against eachother as he looks at Zaku.

"Err.. yes. Why?"

He looks down at the map in Zaku's hands.

"Oh. You got a map too? Well.. looks like we're going to have to share this treasure then.."


Last edited by Mackalian on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

avatar

Posts : 833
Join date : 2010-01-18
Age : 23
Location : New Jersey, USA

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Age: ---
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:31 pm

*** Zaku bows his head in a slight-nod, as his grin grows furthermore, his tail making a keen swish to his flanks, side to side. His arm lurching back, to carelessly toss the crumbled paper onward,--

"Looks like it,- Don't think we could manage this one on our own anyway, heh."

*** He then goes to glance at the tomb, letting himself waiver a bit on the lock, his eyes drifting to examine the large door briefly, before he furrows his ears forward.


Last edited by Zaku350 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
avatar

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:39 pm

*** Marcus straightens up. His presence becomes a bit intimidating as he stands tall at 6'2''. His voice seems to ring darker and more commanding than before as he nods at Zaku.

"Right then."

*** In a single move, he turns around, and brings his foot up. He then moves forward, extending his foot heavily at the door in an attempt to crane-kick it.


Code:
Roll(1d20)+3:
19,+3
Total:22
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
avatar

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Roll a fortitude save.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
avatar

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Code:
Roll(1d20)+5:
6,+5
Total:11

Balls
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
avatar

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Quote :
Roll(1d4)+0:
2,+0
Total:2

The lock breaks apart, but inside the lock is released a blue-green gas that flies upwards past your face and into the sky. You take 2 damage, it leaving light lacerations on your face as it passes.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

avatar

Posts : 833
Join date : 2010-01-18
Age : 23
Location : New Jersey, USA

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Age: ---
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:04 pm

*** Zaku recoils, lightly- seeing such gas being flung into the air- his hand instinctively moving to cover his mouth and nose with the fringed edge of his scarf, as he draws forward towards the door. His other hand falling upon the sheath that keeps his trusty cutlass protected, and secure...

"You ok, bud?-"
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
avatar

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:06 pm

*** Marcus stumbles back, flailing is arms around his face like mad.

"Damn it! What in the hells is this!?"

He takes a few steps back, ripping one of his gloves off as he feels his face.

"Yeah.. I'm fine.. it just stings like mad.."

He puts his glove back on, and looks at Zaku.

"Well, I took one. Your turn to go first and take the next one." He chuckles slightly at his own comment.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
avatar

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Without a lock, the gates creak open an inch as a gentle but cold breeze flows from in the tomb.

Roll listen checks.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
avatar

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Code:
Roll(1d20)-3:
14,-3
Total:11

balls again
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
avatar

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Nuthin' for Marcus.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2010-05-03

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:21 pm

John Udgrad, fashionably late, walks behind the other two, using his Quarterstaff as a walking stick.

"Damn, it must be cold in there, you mind if I join? Looks like there could be trouble."

John Udgrad is about 5'10", he is of a fairly average build. He wears a red tunic, brown pants, and some fairly beaten up, but well-fitting boots. He wears a backpack, which seems to not have much in it, along with a sturdy belt that has his Spell component pouch, along with three others. He also has his familiar, a hawk, perched on his shoulder.

Prepared Spells:
Level 0 (3): Light, Read Magic, Detect Magic

Level1(2): Magic Missile, Burning hands


Last edited by B3SERK on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
avatar

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: 3   Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Suddenly without warning, a skeletal wolf bursts through the double doors, slamming them aside as it leaps forward, biting at Marcus, as no one heard it coming.
Quote :

Roll(1d20)+2:
8,+2
Total:10

The Wolf misses Marcus, flying past him and landing in the desert sands. It regains its composure and prepares to attack.

Quote :
Roll(1d20)+7:
7,+7
Total:14

Everyone roll initiative.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2010-05-03

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:13 pm

Quote :
Roll(1d20)+1:
8,+1
Total:9
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2010-05-03

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:46 pm

// This might be better done over SF
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
avatar

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Code:
Roll(1d20)+4:
17,+4
Total:21


***Marcus stumbles back a bit, nearly instantly drawing his morning star as he spins it around, looking at the wolf.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
avatar

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Marcus gets to attack first. Proceed.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
avatar

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:31 pm

***Marcus takes a quick step forward, as he raises his shield slightly and twirls the medium-sized mace around in his hand once before quickly bringing it up over his head, and down at the wolf's head.

Code:

--TO HIT--
Roll(1d20)+4:
20,+4
Total:24

--DAMAGE--
Roll(1d8)+3:
6,+3
Total:9
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
avatar

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:38 pm

A natural 20 for a morningstar makes a crit, a total of 18 damage.

The skeletal wolf falls to pieces, but at that moment, the door bursts open and two humanoid skeletons walk out, brandishing scimitars.

Quote :
Roll(1d20)+5:
18,+5
Total:23

Roll(1d20)+5:
14,+5
Total:19

They cannot do anything this turn, so it is John's turn.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2010-05-03

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:08 pm

** John Swings at the head of the skeleton nearest to him with his quarterstaff.


Code:

To Hit
Roll(1d20)+0:
3,+0
Total:3

** His Familiar jumps off of his shoulder, and tries attacking the skeleton with it's talons. (Next Time I will make an initiative roll for it when initiative rolls are called for, forgot this time).

Code:

To Hit
Roll(1d20)+5:
10,+5
Total:15

Damage
Roll(1d4)-2:
1,-2
Total:1
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
avatar

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:32 pm

The attacked skeleton seems to be slightly aggravated by the clawing, and slashes at the bird.

Quote :
Roll(1d20)+1:
17,+1
Total:18
Quote :

Roll(1d6)+1:
1,+1
Total:2

The bird is slapped backwards with the side of the sword as feathers are sent astray into the air. Your bird has 1 hp left.

The second skeleton's initiative doesn't beat Marcus' so he goes next.

(Note; you can prepare a spell more than once, like say if you wanted to prepare Magic Missile more than once. Magic Missile also never misses in DnD 3.5, so there's never any danger of hitting an ally.)
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
avatar

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:49 pm

*** Marcus reels his morningstar to the side a bit, then lashes outwards with it at the nearest skeleton.

Code:
--ROLL TO HIT--

Roll(1d20)+4:
14,+4
Total:18

--DAMAGE ROLL--

Roll(1d8)+3:
4,+3
Total:7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Bir'vi Family Tomb   

Back to top Go down
 
The Bir'vi Family Tomb
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Forgeworld Necron Rumer - Tomb Stalker
» Family Guy in the 41st Millenium
» Pretty Cool Tomb Kings stuff for dirt cheap!!!! BUY IT!!!!
» New Tomb Kings Army
» Tomb Kings?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Archive :: Thread Basket :: Dungeons and Dragons-
Jump to: