Olden Roleplay


Welcome!
 
HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 "Fang"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mack
THE GLORY
avatar

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:58 pm

then someone write a page up for the races
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2009-02-24
Location : Fortress of Ultimate Darkness

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Fuzzy Wolfy wrote:
I don't know about you, but a human with a heightened sense of smell and hearing is kind of weird, when it's part dog, you can atleast see why that's remotely possible--...

Wait, woah... Gaping hole in canon? I'm sorry but Kazuths have been here for quite a while and abused until they were classified as sex-starved kittens. The same thing but with dog parts and dog traits will not fuck your roleplay over and kill Olden. I doubt Marcus or Thorn or Eleanor will suddenly fall to their knees and scream to the heavens about how their past is a lie because people with cat dog ears exist. Nor will anyone... If anything this isnt even a bigger deal then when I applied for Katie whom was the first Kazuth in a while (not including Zaku since he's been around for ages).

That doesn't answer the question. Is it harmless? Perhaps, though until there's lore for it it shouldn't be accepted. Does it create a gaping hole in canon? Hell yes, because there's never been anything remotely like this and suddenly we're introducing a whole race out of nowhere. The skies aren't going to turn red and the seas won't boil, but it's an awful lot of trouble to go to for one character, and feels like we're bending over backwards to accommodate you. Therefore, I posed the question, and will pose it again. Besides any physiological features, what could having dog parts do to augment the character that nothing else could? And honestly, I could go further and ask what cat parts would do, but...

Phry wrote:
And pat isn't just one admin, he is sorta the head admin.

Did Olden become a dictatorship when I wasn't looking? All that talk of how admins and players are equal just got thrown out the window?
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-04-23
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed.

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:09 pm

Munroe wrote:
Fuzzy Wolfy wrote:
I don't know about you, but a human with a heightened sense of smell and hearing is kind of weird, when it's part dog, you can atleast see why that's remotely possible--...

Wait, woah... Gaping hole in canon? I'm sorry but Kazuths have been here for quite a while and abused until they were classified as sex-starved kittens. The same thing but with dog parts and dog traits will not fuck your roleplay over and kill Olden. I doubt Marcus or Thorn or Eleanor will suddenly fall to their knees and scream to the heavens about how their past is a lie because people with cat dog ears exist. Nor will anyone... If anything this isnt even a bigger deal then when I applied for Katie whom was the first Kazuth in a while (not including Zaku since he's been around for ages).

That doesn't answer the question. Is it harmless? Perhaps, though until there's lore for it it shouldn't be accepted. Does it create a gaping hole in canon? Hell yes, because there's never been anything remotely like this and suddenly we're introducing a whole race out of nowhere. The skies aren't going to turn red and the seas won't boil, but it's an awful lot of trouble to go to for one character, and feels like we're bending over backwards to accommodate you. Therefore, I posed the question, and will pose it again. Besides any physiological features, what could having dog parts do to augment the character that nothing else could? And honestly, I could go further and ask what cat parts would do, but...

Phry wrote:
And pat isn't just one admin, he is sorta the head admin.

Did Olden become a dictatorship when I wasn't looking? All that talk of how admins and players are equal just got thrown out the window?

A gaping hole? Nothing like it? You do realise this is basically a kazuth with dog traits instead of felines. If anything, it might even be a birth deffect. I honestly think you're making a huge scene out of nothing. Were not talking about a demon-bird-thats-half-tiger, I'm not making a race up ether, this has existed before.

To answer the question;

Cats are seen as agile creatures, therefor Kazuths are lighter and faster than normal people.

The canis or 'dog-folk'? How about we trade agility for heightened sense of smell and hearing, and how about we throw in some canines (teeth) and possbly other canine traits that humans wouldnt be born with?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Honestly I agree, this is 'too big' of a deal for a race that mostly like was already here. This would be a big deal if it were some ultra-demon thing like Fuzzy said. In general this character should be accepted but it seems like a lot of people are making dumb excuses just to deny this character for no reason. There is nothing wrong with a kazuth like race but with dog parts.
Back to top Go down
Phry

avatar

Posts : 1591
Join date : 2010-04-17
Location : UK

Character sheet
Name:
Age: 56456464842
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Munroe wrote:
because there's never been anything remotely like this

And yet Zaku does seem to believe that there have been several instances of characters who were Canis(Dogzuth).


Munroe wrote:
Did Olden become a dictatorship when I wasn't looking? All that talk of how admins and players are equal just got thrown out the window?

You're acting like Pat did something awful like acccepting a race of super demons that didn't need requests.
I'm sorry Mun, you're making a huge scene over nothing. If anyone can accept a harmless race of dogfolk with little advantages over humans that affects nothing in plot and creates not gaping holes in canon, it's pat.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2009-02-24
Location : Fortress of Ultimate Darkness

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Lol, you all completely ignored everything I said so I'll spell it out in words simple enough to understand.

First, "Canis" and Kazuths do not contribute to characters at all, they're purely for aesthetics and personal preferences. For example, a guy who wants to play a girl with cat traits because he thinks it's cute or even sexy. It adds nothing to the RP, nothing to the character, it's just pointless. That is the answer I've been looking for with my question, an answer you all continue to avoid. You know that if you admit it, characters like this will have no credibility, and you don't want that.

Secondly, if you can create a whole new race just by making a character with it and bypassing the process of making new lore, why even have canon? Anything goes.

Now, let me predict what will happen next. Fuzzy will rush out a lore entry for Canis which will get accepted by you bleeding-heart bunch, and this will then get shoved through, and a giant shit will be taken on the backstory and lore up to this point, by a whole new race that never existed before and has no established history with anything else, that's only been created for this one character.

Am I making a big deal over nothing? No, I am not. Because while it may seem insignificant now, you fail to realize what this would mean. It means anyone can repeat this process, until we don't even have two characters of the same race. It makes everything both extremely confusing and silly, frankly. So please, stop being so short-sighted and impulsive, read what I'm saying and try to understand why I'm saying it. The way applications and character approval threads go nowadays is a joke. No thought goes into it anymore. That, too, is a point I'm trying to make.
Back to top Go down
Phry

avatar

Posts : 1591
Join date : 2010-04-17
Location : UK

Character sheet
Name:
Age: 56456464842
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Munroe you really need to calm down now.

You're beginning to border on flame. Getting agitated to this extent isn't helping further your point at all. It's just nullifying it.

Quote :
It adds nothing to the RP, nothing to the character, it's just pointless. That is the answer I've been looking for with my question, an answer you all continue to avoid. You know that if you admit it, characters like this will have no credibility, and you don't want that.

It adds alot to the character. It changes it from being human. Games such as Oblivion had cat people, lizard people, it's purely becuase it's something that's not human, that's what Fantasy is about.

Christ, we could say exactly the same for the elves. Hurrdurr they're just human with pointy ears.

Quote :
Secondly, if you can create a whole new race just by making a character with it and bypassing the process of making new lore, why even have canon? Anything goes.

The only reason these characters were even made was because there was a Canis race in the past, and like Zaku pointed out, there isn't lore pages for absolutely everything that exists and is RP'd in Aeria.

Quote :
Now, let me predict what will happen next. Fuzzy will rush out a lore entry for Canis

Munroe, look at everything she has put out. Look at every single thread. If you point me at something she has ever done that was ever half assed or rushed, then i will give money. Because it has simply never happened. All of her characters are thought out, and have care put into them.

Zaku has been the one who has infact offered to make this lore page, i might point out.

Quote :
Am I making a big deal over nothing?

Quite frankly, yes.

Quote :
until we don't even have two characters of the same race.

There's obviously never going to happen and you clearly are making a big deal out of it.


Anyway, this constant replying of large paragraphs isn't getting anywhere. I propose we just have a vote on the race and then on the chars.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2009-02-24
Location : Fortress of Ultimate Darkness

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:47 pm

Hey, I'm just one guy. You want to vote this on through, I can't stop you. I've made my point.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
avatar

Posts : 1297
Join date : 2009-02-15

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:19 pm

They were 'Fenris', actually. Not Canis. And, I honestly agree with Munroe. It was stupid and irresponsible for me to give the go ahead for a single character race, especially one that practically takes the traits of a Kazuth and replaces cat with dog. While I meant no harm at the time, it was a subconscious act of favoritism. If anyone else would have come up to me with a request of support on a character of a new race, I would have spent a substantial amount of time ensuring this new race passed all of our standards for an acceptable piece of lore. Instead, I gave it a minimal amount of thought in comparison to my other work with the lore, and simply passed it through.

Regarding the Kazuth--though I have always defended the rather picked on subset of players that choose to play Kazuth, the truth is that the Kazuth are a substantially weak part of the lore. Too much of it relies on the anime trite of a cute, innocent catgirl. We -need- to have lore that's unique and fitting to our setting made, or they will continue to be a point of conflict and weakness in our lore. Like I've done before, I'm inviting anyone who has any inspiration regarding the Kazuth's lore to come talk to me, and you could be able to write it.

Also, Phry. Just because I'm the self-proclaimed Head Admin and 'Loremaster' doesn't mean I can simply approve anything I like and nobody can question it. If anything, I should be placed under greater scrutiny than any other individual in the community, not only because I'm the 'Leader' but because, in all honesty, the only reason I was placed in this position was because I -placed- myself here. After the fall of Olden, I simply..assumed control, and did what I could. The community didn't put me here, I didn't have to live up to anyone's scrutiny to reach this position.


_________________
Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2009-02-24
Location : Fortress of Ultimate Darkness

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Finally, someone gets it.

Pat wrote:
I simply..assumed control

I see what you did there
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-04-19
Age : 21
Location : London, Ontario

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:57 pm

Munroe wrote:
Finally, someone gets it.

Pat wrote:
I simply..assumed control

I see what you did there

Pat assumed direct control, did he?

Anyways, more on topic.

If you really think about it, most of the races in Olden are just humans with modified traits.

Lizard people are just reptilian humans.

Gnomes are just small humans.

Giants are just big humans.

Goblins are just green gnomes.

Naga are just snake humans.

To'loth/'roth are just bird humans.

Genasi are just humans with elemental powers.

Tieflings are just demonic humans.

And basically anything else you can think of is just a human with an added trait or two, and different features.
Back to top Go down
Kain

avatar

Posts : 1427
Join date : 2009-03-24
Location : Somewhere Pat doesn't want me to be

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Age: ???
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:02 pm

I'm really sleepy. There's a rant going on in here, but I don't really care. So, using forumoderator authoritiness to call some shots.

Fuzzy, if you want to play this doggy, go make the lore for Canis, please, and place it here. We'll look it over when you're done, and if it's approved, then this char is approved. No extra work for admins or players, and in the end, we get another race for people to play. Anyone that's willing to help her and see this character through is welcome to do so.

One condition: This race must somehow add to a character in a meaningful way and make him/her different from a Kazuth or regular human, thus contributing to roleplay. If you have lore questions, feel free to ask around.

Kay, that's everythin. Get to it.

Phry wrote:
blah blah blah I gave this reply no thought.Cool

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2009-02-24
Location : Fortress of Ultimate Darkness

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:10 pm

Not all races are just modified humans. Vincent Dadohneee, for example, had trouble fitting into society, figuratively and literally, because he was a giant. My Tiefling character has been ridiculed because of her race, which is known for its evil nature. Kazuths and Canis rarely, if at all, encounter these kinds of problems. That may just be because OOCly, people are so accustomed to them. So perhaps it's the way people are RPing that's causing the problems. If that's the case, fixing it will be much harder than editing lore.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-04-19
Age : 21
Location : London, Ontario

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Munroe wrote:
Kazuths and Canis rarely, if at all, encounter these kinds of problems. That may just be because OOCly, people are so accustomed to them. So perhaps it's the way people are RPing that's causing the problems. If that's the case, fixing it will be much harder than editing lore.

And so, from this day forth Kazuth's should be treated as the non-existent lore states that they should be treated.

As criminals and slaves.
Back to top Go down
Kain

avatar

Posts : 1427
Join date : 2009-03-24
Location : Somewhere Pat doesn't want me to be

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Age: ???
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Just posting a remind here for our resident Fuzzy Wolfy:

For Canis usage, please make some Canis lore in the race suggestion section forums, and again, feel free to refer to anyone of the other administration for help, questions, and concerns.

For everyone else: Penis.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-04-23
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed.

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Will do soon enough.

Is it possible to move this to the "reserved" or something until I can write up a canis race thing?
Back to top Go down
Kain

avatar

Posts : 1427
Join date : 2009-03-24
Location : Somewhere Pat doesn't want me to be

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Age: ???
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Uh, reserved is for characters that other players can play. You sure you want to do that?
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-04-19
Age : 21
Location : London, Ontario

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:26 pm

She's just looking for somewhere she can keep the character besides the Approval section.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-04-23
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed.

PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:17 pm

^ that.

It's pretty clear the character is temporarily denied until I finish the race page.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   

Back to top Go down
 
"Fang"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Hasbro "Mega" Toy sale, Homebush
» Weapon "patterns"
» Strategy & Unusual tactics, "TRAVELLER", TCS
» More Ogre-like "engines"
» The "Name"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Archive :: Thread Basket-
Jump to: