I like I like.....

I accept it, +1 like!
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Okay, seriously, what is with people and black text. I CAN NOT READ IT.

Anyways, from what I read by highlighting the text, the bio is disappointing. And um, you can't really follow Tyr and be evil, unless he only thinks he's following Tyr, in his delusion.

hyperion wrote:
I like I like.....

I accept it, +1 like!

"Hi I didn't read this but I'm just gonna accept to try and be cool"
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Munroe wrote:
Okay, seriously, what is with people and black text. I CAN NOT READ IT.

Anyways, from what I read by highlighting the text, the bio is disappointing. And um, you can't really follow Tyr and be evil, unless he only thinks he's following Tyr, in his delusion.

Are you implying that Justice must be met by good means?

Just because people think of Justice as a good thing doesn't mean the person enacting it has to be good too.

He's lawful, he follows the rules and laws. He enacts justice, but he isn't 'morally correct' about it. He tortures people if he thinks it's the only way to achieve justice. He harms children if it's the only way to get justice. He'll do anything to anyone to get justice. All he really cares about is himself and his close friends, as long as he is just and so are his friends. He kills anyone he thinks is unjust (or tries anyways). Therefore I thought Evil was logically correct.

And this is the hardest I've ever worked on a bio...I'm going to go cry now.
Back to top Go down
hyperion

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:04 am

Im sorry Munroe, but I did read it and detected several Spelling errors, But things like that don't stop me from not accepting something, I see a good reason to be where he is, philosphies all in check and what not, I see no reason for it to not be accepted, but then again, thats me.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:15 am

Changed Deity to The Prophet after a small chat about it with Pat.
Back to top Go down
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:17 am

thorogoodd wrote:
Are you implying that Justice must be met by good means?

Just because people think of Justice as a good thing doesn't mean the person enacting it has to be good too.

He's lawful, he follows the rules and laws. He enacts justice, but he isn't 'morally correct' about it. He tortures people if he thinks it's the only way to achieve justice. He harms children if it's the only way to get justice. He'll do anything to anyone to get justice. All he really cares about is himself and his close friends, as long as he is just and so are his friends. He kills anyone he thinks is unjust (or tries anyways). Therefore I thought Evil was logically correct.

This is going to be extremely nerdy, but here goes:

Tyr's alignment according to lore is Lawful Good, so if you really were following his will, you would lean towards that alignment. Personally, I think Tyr would be more Neutral Good, at least when it came to "society's" laws. Tyr places his own law and definition of justice above everything else; as god of justice, his justice would be the most accurate.

Justice tends to have a rather subjective meaning, but here's how I think it would be defined under Tyr's standards. If someone steals, and does not have any remorse for that action, it would be just to have the same done to them, so that they would learn what it was like, but also so that there was a balance achieved between victim and perpetrator. Killing them would be considered overcompensation, tipping the weight on the perpetrator. If a society was blessed by Tyr, Tyr would also agree with whatever system of punishment was employed by said society on the thief (prison sentence, removal of hand, etc). Technically (very technically) the Empire of Talibar is Tyr-blessed, so if you break the law, Tyr's not on your side, and you aren't on his. Killing with a band of violent mercs isn't exactly lawful. Now, if the thief does have sincere remorse for that action, and will not do it again, they can be forgiven provided they return the stolen item or provide adequate compensation/penance. You can't know that unless you're a good judge of character, and unless you talk to them before making snap decisions.

So what it comes down to is this. Justice isn't about busting heads in with a mace. It doesn't require violent enforcement in every single case. The best "judges" are level-headed, patient, and insightful people, who would probably be more on the "good" end of the spectrum.

thorogoodd wrote:
And this is the hardest I've ever worked on a bio...I'm going to go cry now.

I highly doubt both of those statements.

hyperion wrote:
Im sorry Munroe, but I did read it and detected several Spelling errors, But things like that don't stop me from not accepting something, I see a good reason to be where he is, philosphies all in check and what not, I see no reason for it to not be accepted, but then again, thats me.

I'm insulted you think I'd deny something just because it has spelling errors. And I never denied it, I just didn't accept it. If it had no spelling errors, that wouldn't change my decision.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:22 am

oh this looks bad

No, I did not run up to Thoro and say 'QUICK CHANGE IT TO THE PROPHET', I merely gave him some background. And now he changed his deity. ._.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:26 am

Pat wrote:
oh this looks bad

No, I did not run up to Thoro and say 'QUICK CHANGE IT TO THE PROPHET', I merely gave him some background. And now he changed his deity. ._.

Yeah, what Pat said. I didn't mean to make it seem like that.
Back to top Go down
hyperion

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:46 am

Again munroe you misinterpreted me, I never said you would deny or accept it due to that, but im to tired to argue a point so Im going to let you on your whimsy... I was meerly stating that I had read it and found it to my likeings.
Back to top Go down
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:29 am

hyperion wrote:
Again munroe you misinterpreted me, I never said you would deny or accept it due to that, but im to tired to argue a point so Im going to let you on your whimsy... I was meerly stating that I had read it and found it to my likeings.

Apologies then, it just seemed like that's what you were implying.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:34 am

Also, he can follow Tyr/Prophet, since those that followed Tyr during the Prophet believed in his corrupt, elitist views and were so enraged when their stranglehold on Talibar was ended by a certain old man and demonic heretic that they broke apart from the newer mainstream "justice for all" and adopted the Prophet's version of "justice" while still fighting and committing such atrocities in the name of Tyr.

Thorn Razel: Right, rations 'n your sleepin' needs sent down right away. Until later, Ms. Lillian.
Thorn Razel | Rutabega [LOOC]: I HOPE YOU LIKE HARDTACK
Lillian | Lawn Jesus [LOOC]: NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pat: I enjoyed handing Thorn his dismal papers directly from General Geoff
Pat: :V
Pat: *dismissal
North Island Brown Kiwi: and I enjoyed anally penetrating the prophet with a sword
Pat: So did he
Pat: I MEAN
Back to top Go down
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:35 am

So like I said originally, he's just following Tyr because he believes he is, he's not actually following the true dogma.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:10 am

Munroe wrote:
So like I said originally, he's just following Tyr because he believes he is, he's not actually following the true dogma.

That works.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Added a lengthy paragraph to the bio about the assignment.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:48 pm

let me just say:

penispenispenispenis

and chewing on metal is bad for your teeth!

Don't know what the previous concerns were, but looking the character over right now, I don't see anything wrong with it. Everything that needed to be said has already been said. His backstory seems a little weird in how you only focus on one general area of his life, and then two specific events, but it's fine, and it does seem relevant to how he ended up in Surna, so /shrug. Also, it's been a while since the last time I've seen a "justice"-craved madman.

I'll accept.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:51 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sam Miles   Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:54 pm