Share | 

SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND   Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:46 am

1. THERE ARE MORE ALIENS THAN JUST THE HAZENN, stop victimizing them, if you've got a reason to specifically victimize the Hazenn other than "THEYRE QUARIAN RIPOFFS OMGLOL", the galaxy is a hugeplace, and there are likely more races than just the ones mentioned in the lore section. I'm saying this because i see the Hazenn get mentioned a lot in good ways and bad, and i'm just putting this out there. There are also a bunch more aliens in the lore section if you look, use some of those for a change.

2. Remember that humans haven't spread into the galaxy purposefully,the ones on Eshira are practically castaways, they've had a long time to spread (seeing as it's been 200 years since their ships crashed) and apparently the second ship crashed on Eshira's neighboring planet and haven't been found/made contact with yet, (I'm going to assume the planet is completely uninhabitable/covered in dense storms or something so the crash site can't be seen and that all aboard the other ship died or something, don't take this as fact because i don't want to fuck anything up in this department if Jacker had anything planned plotwisefor the other ship and its crew.

3. I'm seeing "Hazennian" a lot.
When referring to a ship belonging to humans, we don't say "A humanian ship", so stop saying "Hazennian". If you need to say 'a ship belonging to hazenn', the word is just "Hazenn.", "A Hazenn ship.".

I'm the only moderator anymore in this section so this is why it takes so long for stuff to get approved:

A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF MY CHARACTER APPROVAL METHODS
STEP -1. remember 'oh fuck i haven't checked the forums in ages'
STEP 1. open thread
STEP 2. skimread.
STEP 3. if thread hasn't made me go "UGH" and close the tab, proceed to step 4.
STEP 4. check to see what everyone else who has posted, if i see plenty of good comments, proceed to step 5, if not, close thread and forget about it for several months.
STEP 5. read through the bio/application carefully and decide what i think
STEP 6. approve if it fits the following categories (or anything similar):

• sounds perfectly fine and reasonable.
  • sounds slightly dumb to me but everyone else in the thread approves
  • sounds good but lacks detail
STEP 7. move thread.

A little detail on step 3, i generally dislike threads like Zaku's and link's with the stuff in image format and photoshopped, i'm not saying "HEY STOP DOING THIS" because i have no right to tell you guys how to make apps and i'm pretty shit at them myself, just the format annoys me. And often the font you guys choose to use is difficult to read in places. I'll read through them, just generally i tend to get put off reading them and delay it when they're in this format. It looks cool and all but it just personally annoys me.

Another two things then i'm done:

SKILLS i've mentioned this before to several people, but i'm just clarifying this whilst i'm talking about shit. Jacker's scripts have never had and i doubt they ever will have support for skills, he tried it once when we were still RG and it fucked up and people abused the system from what i can remember, huge apologies if i've been wrong this whole time and jacker's been away putting huge amounts of effort into making a complex and in-depth skill system, i'm just saying this. This is the reason i beleive skills in apps to be pointless and a waste of space for this RP in particular. I know a lot of you/most of you/some of you do D&D type RPs where skills matter, so if you're putting them in by force of habit then fair enough, keep putting them in if you like or want to, i'm just saying they have no real impact. A brief paragraph writing why the characters are good at certain things would be better in this case, such as "charactersname is good/bad at skillname because of shitthathappenedtothem".

"GENERIC CHARACTERS"
some of you are probably butthurt at me about the Hazenn and the 'quarian ripoff' stuff and probably with some of my characters too, i've discussed that elsewhere so don't fucking clog up this thread with that shit again if anyone does post, and i'm butthurt at some of you guys for having incredibly uninteresting, generic human male characters. Picture the main characters in action movies, notice how commonly they're all rugged, 'handsome' angry guys with troubled backstories and no fears in the world. I really don't like these characters. I'll approve them sure, i just don't like them. This is also why i sometimes go "UGH" and close threads, although usually it's due to a combination of several things mentioned in this thread.

WALL OF TEXT OVER, KIDDIES.

RAGE AT ME IF YOU LIKE BECAUSE I AM A LAZY FAGGOT WITH WHAT SOME OF YOU WILL THINK ARE 'stupid' OPINIONS

Back to top Go down

SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1