Olden Roleplay


Welcome!
 
HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Smiles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fuzzy Wolfy

avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-04-23
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed.

PostSubject: Smiles   Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:27 pm







Spoiler:
 
Spoiler:
 











Last edited by Fuzzy Wolfy on Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-04-23
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed.

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Let me clarify 'Omega' isn't the one from Mass Effect.

It's entirely different and placed on a ruined planet.

Will explain in the biography.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

avatar

Posts : 238
Join date : 2010-07-03
Location : Delaware

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Age: 32
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:17 am

lol forgot my own damned rule. Yeah this character is approved. I don't really see anyone hating on the character and it would be hypocritical to let us have tali blah blah characters from Mass Effect be left in and not this.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-04-23
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed.

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:08 am

Nothing really new.

Age and birthdate being unknown isn't a big deal.

Birthplace I named Omega and only realised ME2 had somewhere named like that but I'm way too lazy to make up another name for a location his biography is taking place in.

By your logic, this character is fine. He looks like the real DeadMau5, he doesn't have the DJ's RL name so he isn't named like him, and his background is totally different.


He can reside in The Abyss too.


Spoiler:
 


Last edited by Fuzzy Wolfy on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kali

avatar

Posts : 376
Join date : 2010-07-03
Age : 24
Location : Warwickshire, UK

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:22 am

approving this because there's nothing wrong with it.

if anyone disagrees work it out with viralhatred or jacker because i don't want to have to care anymore.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
avatar

Posts : 376
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 27
Location : Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:26 am

Char approved, moving thread and trimming on a 2-1 vote.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2009-02-24
Location : Fortress of Ultimate Darkness

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Kali wrote:
approving this because there's nothing wrong with it.

On the contrary, if I were DeadMau5, I wouldn't want my name used to portray a mass murderer. Let me ask you Fuzzy, how in the hell do you suppose this is in any way respectful towards DeadMau5? How can you claim to revere him when you take his name, appearance, and even his occupation and then slap on genocide and mental instability?
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

avatar

Posts : 320
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:28 pm

I wouldn't be so worried about what Munroe's saying, but I just can't take the name "DeadMau5" as being a creative RP name, considering it's already an artist. Hell, I heard someone used a Mass Effect character's name in full, and I even think that's not very creative.

I do, however, like the idea of using his giant mouse-head mask and suit and being a murderer.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-04-23
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed.

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Will change the name soon enough.

But honestly? If someone used my name for a fictional, unrelated roleplay story that does not involve any of my personal life, I wouldn't mind being called a psycopath.

Hell. I found a book with a character that had my first name whom the character was a smoking, drunk semi-slut who dies in a car accident on purpose. Was I offended? No. In fact I loved the book.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2009-02-24
Location : Fortress of Ultimate Darkness

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Fuzzy Wolfy wrote:
I found a book with a character that had my first name whom the character was a smoking, drunk semi-slut who dies in a car accident on purpose. Was I offended? No. In fact I loved the book.

That isn't the same thing. Would you feel the same way if the author of that book purposely used your full name, and claimed it was inspired by you, and then wrote all of that? Because that's kinda what you did here. And maybe you still wouldn't mind, but I dunno, it just strikes me as disrespectful using this guy's name and such and making him... this.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-04-23
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed.

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Munroe wrote:
Fuzzy Wolfy wrote:
I found a book with a character that had my first name whom the character was a smoking, drunk semi-slut who dies in a car accident on purpose. Was I offended? No. In fact I loved the book.

That isn't the same thing. Would you feel the same way if the author of that book purposely used your full name, and claimed it was inspired by you, and then wrote all of that? Because that's kinda what you did here. And maybe you still wouldn't mind, but I dunno, it just strikes me as disrespectful using this guy's name and such and making him... this.

Full name?

I used the performer's on-stage alias. If I used "John Johnson, Alias; DeadMau5" then I would understand...

Anyway, named and birthplace changed to avoid baw.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2009-02-24
Location : Fortress of Ultimate Darkness

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:22 pm

I said full name in my example, because when you use Deadmau5, it's pretty obvious he's the one you're referring to. How many people go by "Deadmau5" and wear mouse masks that you know? Using only a first name, like "Joel" is just a coincidence, and not even on purpose. That's why it's different.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-04-23
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed.

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Well a lot of people have my name I'm sure.

Unless the author of said book in your example uses personal info from my life then yes, I'd be concerned.

But my character does not, only the name and mask was copied- actually, just the mask now.

Problem solved?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2009-02-24
Location : Fortress of Ultimate Darkness

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:34 pm

The character got accepted, so there's no problem. I just don't think it's respectful to Deadmau5, that's all. And um, capitalizing one letter doesn't count as a name change. You're just being a smartass now.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

avatar

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2009-04-20
Age : 23

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Keep picture, be more original was name. We all go home

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Kali

avatar

Posts : 376
Join date : 2010-07-03
Age : 24
Location : Warwickshire, UK

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:02 pm

LawnJesus wrote:
Hell, I heard someone used a Mass Effect character's name in full, and I even think that's not very creative.

you heard wrong

if this had happened then it would've been picked up on and crushed because pretty much everyone's attitude in this section is
"OH NO MASS EFFECT STUFF LETS RUN THIS SHIT INTO THE GROUND"

and that hasn't happened in any character app threads

i triple-checked the section to make sure because my memory is shit.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Phry

avatar

Posts : 1591
Join date : 2010-04-17
Location : UK

Character sheet
Name:
Age: 56456464842
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Munroe you're overreacting a bit. It doesn't really matter that much.

Wolfy, you should perhaps be more creative with the name.

Bitching over.

Character is also already approved >.>
Back to top Go down
Kain

avatar

Posts : 1427
Join date : 2009-03-24
Location : Somewhere Pat doesn't want me to be

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Age: ???
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Munroe wrote:
Fuzzy Wolfy wrote:
I found a book with a character that had my first name whom the character was a smoking, drunk semi-slut who dies in a car accident on purpose. Was I offended? No. In fact I loved the book.

That isn't the same thing. Would you feel the same way if the author of that book purposely used your full name, and claimed it was inspired by you, and then wrote all of that? Because that's kinda what you did here. And maybe you still wouldn't mind, but I dunno, it just strikes me as disrespectful using this guy's name and such and making him... this.

Hey, man.

Alexander Munroe.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

avatar

Posts : 320
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:13 pm

I couldn't care less what Eshira was based on. I don't like Mass Effect, but it ain't affecting how I look at Eshira, if that's what you're getting at.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

avatar

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-04-23
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed.

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:52 pm

I will re-edit the name once I find one that suits.

I can't think of any right now.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

avatar

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2009-04-20
Age : 23

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:20 am

Use generators boy.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Phry

avatar

Posts : 1591
Join date : 2010-04-17
Location : UK

Character sheet
Name:
Age: 56456464842
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:06 am

Gambit wrote:
Use generators boy.

Or be original.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2009-02-24
Location : Fortress of Ultimate Darkness

Character sheet
Name:
Age:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Kain wrote:
Alexander Munroe.

Again, not the same thing. Alex Munroe isn't a real person, I didn't even spell his name right, the character's not a genocidal maniac, and out of a whole community, you're the only one that got it.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
avatar

Posts : 376
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 27
Location : Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:22 pm

I got it.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
BloodStream

avatar

Posts : 258
Join date : 2010-07-03
Age : 27
Location : Cambridge, UK

PostSubject: Re: Smiles   Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:08 am

I don't see what the problem is, the name's been changed.
Everyone calm the fuck down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Smiles   

Back to top Go down
 
Smiles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Miles of Smiles: Upload Your Smile Video!
» Mortem Oynx's RP Storage
» Drawn Smiles [Afternoon :: Brittany Wilson]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Archive :: Thread Basket :: Characters-
Jump to: