View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Race: Human

PostSubject: About Eshira   Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:47 am

Since Skybound roleplay doesn't seem to be getting the playerbase I thought it was going to, may not have a map, and because I'm not really liking some of the storyline decisions in the Spacebuild server, I'd be willing to host a pure version of Eshira this winter if I have a job in store for myself. It'd have the original storyline about the humans from Earth coming there and will be set in the desert and all that jazz. It was my storyline originally and well to be honest the reaction to me abandoning it kind of made me feel a little remorseful.

Any objections?

Back to top Go down
BloodStream

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:53 am

THIS ENTIRE SITUATION IS CONFUSING THE SHIT OUT OF ME.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

Character sheet
Name: Kicker

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:21 am

BloodStream wrote:
Stop posting my mind.
Back to top Go down
Krug

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:56 am

Quote :
Any objections?

Since there was an entire thread asking you not to waste your time with Skybound and just do Eshira, I don't think there is.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:45 am

Ramona wrote:
Quote :
Any objections?

Since there was an entire thread asking you not to waste your time with Skybound and just do Eshira, I don't think there is.

Ya Rly

Vote Krug
Back to top Go down
Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:52 am

Jackxter wrote:
Any objections?

according to your own logic, people don't always say when they have objections, so why're you asking?

BloodStream wrote:

the situation's simple, just jacker is complicating things.

situation is basically:
jacker's going to try doing eshira as it was meant to be originally

we're starting eshira as it is currently with everyone's lore and characters and slight storyline modifications to make it able to be part of space rp.

i still fail to see the entire point of this since not much is modified from the original eshira. anyone who did have a problem would've objected if they really didn't like it.

plus if people DID object then they would've at least voted in the damn poll. there's not 22 forum users in space RP, so i'm guessing some of the olden folk voted too.

Back to top Go down
Sharq

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:36 am

I kind of liked having Space Roleplay tie into Eshira. I mean, all that would be different is the storyline.

I think the money would be better spent somewhere else. Perhaps on another part of Eshira?
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:12 am

Kali wrote:
Jackxter wrote:
Any objections?

according to your own logic, people don't always say when they have objections, so why're you asking?

BloodStream wrote:

the situation's simple, just jacker is complicating things.

situation is basically:
jacker's going to try doing eshira as it was meant to be originally

we're starting eshira as it is currently with everyone's lore and characters and slight storyline modifications to make it able to be part of space rp.

i still fail to see the entire point of this since not much is modified from the original eshira. anyone who did have a problem would've objected if they really didn't like it.

plus if people DID object then they would've at least voted in the damn poll. there's not 22 forum users in space RP, so i'm guessing some of the olden folk voted too.

Quote :

When you ask for criticism it comes easier.

Quote :

You've taken the whole prospect of a neutral colony with many different factions in a desert environment and have turned it into something completely different.

Quote :

The poll was kind of fixed. It was either accept the merger or get your own server, script, and map.

So yeah. I'd just like to have my idea on my server with a good script where I'll have room to make modifications easily. You can keep doing your hybrid if you please.

Last edited by Jackxter on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sharq

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:19 am

Jackxter wrote:

The poll was kind of fixed. It was either except the merger or get your own server, script, and map.

What.

If more people voted against the merger between Space RP and Eshira than voted for then we wouldn't merge.

How is that fixed.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:22 am

Sharq wrote:
Jackxter wrote:

The poll was kind of fixed. It was either except the merger or get your own server, script, and map.

What.

If more people voted against the merger between Space RP and Eshira than voted for then we wouldn't merge.

How is that fixed.

As Krug said, at the time they all thought I'd be doing Skybound. There really wasn't a choice if they wanted Eshira to get off the ground. So it was either vote for something you may or may not have wanted but still get to keep aspects of your creation or don't get anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm confuzzled. So, are we going to have Eshira and Space RP or Spashira? I've been hearing mixed reports so far, and I would really love to get to playing Eshira, which we've been waiting for.

Quote :
Rha'Lusk of the Barkmane: Da cub also 'ave funny fur color...
Casandra Lepela: I'm not furry...
Rha'Lusk of the Barkmane | Cpt.Moottorimarkka ®️ [LOOC]: Phahahahah
*** Niphsus Ralcourt looks towards Casandra's hair, saying "Sure you don't.."
Niphsus Ralcourt: Aren't..

Back to top Go down
Monkeyfisker

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:34 am

Jackxter wrote:
Sharq wrote:
Jackxter wrote:

What.

How is that fixed.

As Krug said, at the time they all thought I'd be doing Skybound. There really wasn't a choice if they wanted Eshira to get off the ground. So it was either vote for something you may or may not have wanted but still get to keep aspects of your creation or don't get anything at all.

I guess you can say.... Skybound, didn't get off the.... Ground.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:00 am

Markka wrote:
I'm confuzzled. So, are we going to have Eshira and Space RP or Spashira? I've been hearing mixed reports so far, and I would really love to get to playing Eshira, which we've been waiting for.

from what i can tell we're doing spashira and jacker is trying to do eshira as it was originally.

but we're just changing the planet name for spashira since jacker "doesnt want us using his stuff" which pretty much just consists of the planet name.

Back to top Go down
Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 am

Yeah, I'm contemplating revoking my lore from Eshira and stuffing it down Space RP's mouth forcefully with kali's approval. And, not to sound arrogant but I did write ALOT of lore. You abandoned the roleplay WE worked on (lore-wise) and waited for 4-5 months for. You never worked on eshira, EVER. You said "Oh I don't have time to code it because of college agwafjhwafwaf" when your steam rating was ironically a 10 when you told me that.

And besides, if you did that the roleplays would be pointless. They'd be exactly the same except that eshira's storyline would be humans coming from near destroyed earth, and "spashira" being about a mix of races abandoning faggot utc president and crash landing into copyrightinfringement eshira.

I'll think about this, but honestly jacker,

First we wait on you patiently for months, making lore. You come back and say "okay I'll do it in december" when you obviously had time to do it right then. Then you dump eshira and disappoint all the people waiting on it, and tell everyone about your homogay skybound roleplay. And now that everyone agreed on fusing eshira and space roleplay together, and not more than a few people are interested in skybound, you want to bring eshira back.

Durp.
Back to top Go down
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Couldn't really agree more with Blitz.

If we are doing Spashira anyhow, I just wonder how the races will be handled. Mainly because it'd be a little silly to have two more or less different races using the same model, or more. I think I could see a few plotholes from this point of view, but I'm not sure what the masterminds behind the merge have planned so far.

Quote :
Rha'Lusk of the Barkmane: Da cub also 'ave funny fur color...
Casandra Lepela: I'm not furry...
Rha'Lusk of the Barkmane | Cpt.Moottorimarkka ®️ [LOOC]: Phahahahah
*** Niphsus Ralcourt looks towards Casandra's hair, saying "Sure you don't.."
Niphsus Ralcourt: Aren't..

Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:33 pm

I've been attending classes at my university for nearly five months and have pretty much given up on a lot of things lately. Recently, I've found the will to move forward once again. You know, I really don't care if you use the ideas I created or not: go for it. I'm still going to go forward and create Eshira the way I intended whether you like it or not. If there are two servers pretty much hosting the same thing on Gmod then let it be.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

Character sheet
Name: Kicker

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Jackxter wrote:
If there are two servers pretty much hosting the same thing on Gmod then let it be.
Both a backup and a standalone server?
If one fails, it'd be easy enough to go from one to another to pick up where you left off, because it'd be almost the same, just minute differences, like desert/forest, but characters would almost be interchangable.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Pretty much. Hell, we could even have the whole thing be one big storyline if need be. As in, both servers share the same and are interconnected.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:14 pm

So jacker, as a summary, what are you intending to do now, just doing eshira as you originally intended it to be?

Whatever you're doing, we're just carrying on like we were doing with space, settling down with a colony on a planet with some alien races on already deep in unexplored space.

We're changing the planet's name from eshira to something else and scrapping the binary planet stuff. Viral thought up Kudo so i'll have that somewhere still. Maybe in the same solar system.

The lore blitz wrote for eshira should fit in with what we're doing easily so porting that wouldnt' be difficult, and my Hazenn fit in pretty decently too with the "Korli are Hazenn outcasts" idea.

Back to top Go down
BloodStream

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Why can't you come to a compromise?
If you really want two servers, why not have one as a roleplay on Kudo and the other as a roleplay on Eshira?
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:59 pm

actually the aspect of the two servers being the same, one being on the colony, and another being on some long established city in eshira
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:15 pm

Blitz wrote:
actually the aspect of the two servers being the same, one being on the colony, and another being on some long established city in eshira
Is it just me or did this post make absolutely no sense?
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm going to do Eshira the way I originally intended, with the binary planets and the pulsating gravitational distortion and all of that good stuff. The story with the humans from Earth would be left in as well.

However, I would be willing to incorporate Space's story into it as long as all elements of Eshira's original story are left intact. I could change it that the Terrans are not a Earth in Eshira's galaxy but from well Terra, an Earth-like world that way it would not conflict with Eshira's story or make it seem a little too contrived.

So basically the only thing that would change from the original story is that:
1. There would be an important UTC colony based around an incredibly large resource cache and:
2. There would be the whole Saromak story involving the Idene nation.
3. There is a wormhole in the system that leads to the wormhole hub which has a wormhole that leads to the Milky Way galaxy.

Last edited by Jackxter on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Jackxter wrote:
I'm going to do Eshira the way I originally intended, with the binary planets and the pulsating gravitational distortion and all of that good stuff. The story with the humans from Earth would be left in as well.

However, I would be willing to incorporate Space's story into it as long as all elements of Eshira's original story are left intact. I could change it that the Terrans are not from Earth in Eshira's galaxy but from well Terra that way it would not conflict with Eshira's story or make it seem a little too contrived.
You could use the Tetra Galaxy. That's where the Amblic and Zurians were from.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Sure, Tetra would work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Eshira   

Back to top Go down

About Eshira
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Archive :: Thread Basket :: The Sanctum rag :: The Cutting Room-
Jump to: